A BRM shout-out to a few companies doing really cool things
We’re all about giving credit where credit is due, especially when it comes to exceptional storytelling. From creating an experience that resonates with the target audience, to thinking outside the box and nailing it, the opportunities for creativity in the storytelling space are truly endless. Here’s a quick rundown of the brands doing excellent work right now.
5 brands that are knocking it out of the storytelling park
- Nike – Nike is one of those companies that has capitalized on connecting its brand with inspiring stories their audience can relate to. And they make it look easy every time. If it’s not Wieden + Kennedy’s series featuring Kevin Hart encouraging you to get up and run, it’s Simone Biles’ mom tugging on your heartstrings with this ad about the Olympic gold medalist, produced by Dirty Robber. And of course, the commercial that hit home for millions of Cubs fans around the world. This one still gives us chills.
- Works with Nest – Remember what we said about finding a creative, innovative way to tell a story? Works with Nest products aren’t glamorous by any means, but the story that unfolds in this video successfully positions these household gadgets as essential pieces of the home automation puzzle. Shout-out to the team at Oddfellows for doing a beautiful job with the motion graphics.
- Google – Of course we’re going to pick any brand putting VR at the top of their to-do list. With the motto “virtual reality for everyone,” Google is making this dream attainable with the debut of its Daydream headset. With a simplistic website and accompanying video ad, we love the Daydream for its quintessential Google feel. They kept things simple while also showing consumers all of the product’s capabilities. In the world of video, that’s pretty neat.
- Amazon – Have you met Alexa? Like most things with Amazon’s name on it, her popularity has skyrocketed, and the Alexa Moment ads have done a fantastic job of showing viewers that she belongs in everyone’s home—even their own. If Prime blew your mind, just wait and see how your world will change with Alexa and Prime work together. A truly genius move for a company who consistently ranks at the top of every customer service poll. Commercial credit: WONGDOODY
- Bottle Rocket Media – What can we say, we’re doing a lot of big things and we’ve got a lot of cool projects in the pipeline right now. We’re one of just a few production companies producing broadcast quality 360-degree VR videos. Every day we get to hone our skills, test our comfort zones, and deliver captivating videos to our clients. If you haven’t already, check out the video library on our website for a look at some of our recent projects.