Video has become the most popular media consumption in the past few years, with the average person spends around 100 minutes per day watching online videos.
Understanding how video is used on different social platforms and how members and brands use it will give you valuable insights into how to incorporate video into your LinkedIn and social media strategies. We’ve put together 35 social media and LinkedIn video stats to inspire you to add a video to your social media pages and marketing strategies.
- Video posts on LinkedIn are shared 20 times more than other content formats. (LinkedIn)
- 80% of videos on LinkedIn are viewed with the sound off. (LinkedIn)
- 70% of videos are designed for silent viewing (with texts or captions), and are more likely to be watched till completion. (LinkedIn)
- Videos that are 30-90 seconds long work best on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- Brands get 24 times more comments and seven times more reactions on LinkedIn live streams compared to a published video.
- 38% of marketers post video content on LinkedIn and 75% of them said it was successful. (Wyzowl)
- Video posts are five times more likely to get comments than a standard text posts. (LinkedIn)
- Videos on LinkedIn are getting shared 20+ times more than any other content. (Buffer)
- Video posts also earn three times the engagement of text-only posts. (Buffer)
- 51% of video marketers have used LinkedIn videos in their campaigns. (Wyzowl)
Social Media Stats
- As of January 2022, there are 3.96 billion total social media users across all platforms. (Statista)
- TikTok is the fastest-growing social network, with a staggering 105% user growth rate in the United States over the past two years. (Emarketer)
- In 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic, 15 times higher than in 2017. (Cisco)
- Video posts on social media get 48% more views than standard text posts. (The Marketing Helpline)
- The percentage of marketers who say video is an important part of their strategy increased from 82% in 2017, 85% in 2018, and 91% in 2019 to 92% in 2020 (Wyzowl)
- 16% of social video viewers use vlogs to research products (Global Web Index, 2018)
- 17% of companies use live video as a part of their social marketing strategy. (Invideo)
- YouTube (88%) is the most popular platform among marketers for sharing videos, followed by Facebook (76%), LinkedIn (66%), and Instagram (65%). (Oberlo)
- With shorter attention spans, marketers have only 2.7 seconds to get their audience’s attention. (Marketing Mag)
- Linkedin is the third most widely-used video marketing platform, with 63% of marketers planning to use it this year. (Blogging Wizard)
- 64% of consumers purchase a product after watching social videos created by brands. (Tubular Insights, 2017)
- 80% of users can recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days. (Small Biz Trends)
- 45% of consumers want to see more live videos from brands on their social media. (Sprout Social)
- 63% of social media marketers believe that live video will become more important in the coming year. (Sprout Social)
- 89% of video marketers say video gives them a good ROI, 83% say video helps them with lead generation, and 87% say video has increased traffic to their website. (OptinMonster)
- Promotional videos for a product or service, brand storytelling videos, and product demos are marketers’ most common video types. (Invideo)
- 54% of people want to see more video content from marketers. (HubSpot)
- Emails with the word ‘video’ in the subject are opened 7% more than emails without. (Social Media Week)
- On average, marketers increase digital video budgets by 25% yearly. (IAB)
- The video marketing industry in the US alone is worth $135 billion (Social Media Week)
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year (Oberlo)
- Eight of 10 people have purchased an app or software after watching a brand’s video. (Wyzowl)
- 55% of consumers watch videos before making purchase decisions. (Search Engine Journal)
- 48% of marketers who used video in their strategy for the first time said they started because they found it easier to convince others of its value through video. (Wyzowl)
- 18% of marketers that started using video as a part of their marketing strategy in 2019 did so because they felt clearer about the ROI on video. (Wyzowl)
With three million users, nine billion impressions per month, and all the statistics listed above, it’s evident that videos are super effective for businesses and marketers. However, only 86% of businesses leverage video content for their brand.
Bottle Rocket Media is the perfect partner to help integrate video into your marketing strategy. From video production services, motion graphics services, or event video production services, we love video and can talk about it all day long. Send us an email, and let’s start your next video project!