If you could present your brand or product in a way that triggers your audience to do whatever you would like for them to do, would you jump at the chance? Sure you would, right? A promo video is known to do just that. So the question arises, how do I create a promotional video? Read on to learn more, but first…
What is a Promo Video?
A promo video is a short teaser with the purpose of building awareness of a marketing campaign, a sale, a product launch, or even a branding initiative. A promo video must have a compelling message to drive your audience while also motivating them to engage and learn more.
When Should You Use A Promo Video?
A promo video is most effective when you have a clear message and objective. Simplicity is best when coming up with a concept and vision for an impactful promotional video.
As you consider creating a promo video, ask yourself what you want your audience to do. Do you have a sale coming up, and you need more buyers? Are you wanting to gain additional leads for a specific service offering? Are you launching a new product? Maybe you want to build more engagement on your Instagram page? Or maybe you have a current database, but they are not as involved in your content as they once were? A promo video related to your target audience’s needs could tip them over the edge to get engaged with your business. Whatever your goals are, ensure you have a conclusive reason for creating a promo video, and a clear message to present.
ARVE Error: No oembed src detected
What Makes A Good Promo Video?
The foundation of a good promo video is the message, the content, and the quality.
Be clear – confusion limits conversions. If you want your audience to do what you want, you provide them with easily digestible content. So when creating your promo video, think from the audience’s perspective. What matters to them? What needs do they have? What wants are you satisfying? Get a handle on that then clearly depict the answers in your promo video.
Keep it short – remember a promo video is meant to be a teaser, not a full movie. Most promo videos are 30 seconds, no more than a minute. Create your promo video with the understanding that all of our attention spans are extremely short, so the first clip has to appeal to and captivate your target audience. The message, the content, and the quality of a promo video are the basis of a good promo video.
Make it engaging – we can all agree Tiktok has taken off because there are so many components that seem to initiate interest and engagement. Tiktok has the goods for a fun and shareable experience. There is music, text, filters, graphics, and even voiceovers. This is what engagement is made of; applying many elements with one purpose of getting your point across. Your promo video should incorporate applicable engagement elements that will help you to meet your goals.
High-quality – Sure messaging is important. Sure your content needs to be clear. Sure your video needs to be engaging. All of the above cannot be ignored, but in order to stand out, having a polished and professional look will draw your audience in. High definition video. Creative, inspiring, and unique motion graphics. Camera angles that make an emotional impact. Talent that delivers your messaging effectively. These features matter and are noticed.
ARVE Error: No oembed src detected
How To Create A Promotional Video
- Message and Script – This is your time to dig into your vision for your promo video. To hash out the details of your message and notate precisely what you would like to say from beginning to end. If you’re feeling a bit overwhelmed by the process, partner with a video production team with experience in bringing visions to life. An experienced video production team can help you get your thoughts out and compile a reasonable script to deliver your message. It is ok to go through some editing phases, but once completed you can continue on to the next step of creating!
- Create Storyboards & Shotlists – This is the time to flesh out the visual style of your video. Use mood boards to help you create storyboards, shot lists, style frames that create a production outline matching your vision and script.
- Produce Your Promotional Video – It’s time to create the content of your dreams! This could entail having a camera on a set, capturing new footage, or compiling footage that you already have. This phase allows you to connect with motion designers, animators, or talent if needed. Your vision is coming to life!
- Edit Your Promo Video – Now that you have the footage needed to tell the story of your promotion it is time to assemble all the content together in an alluring manner for your audience. In this step, you can add music, motion graphics, and text. Once finalized and approved, your video is ready…
- Share Your Promo Video – Get to promoting your promotional video. All the hard work has paid off, and now it’s time to release it and achieve your goals. Watch it play. Watch it win your audience over, and thank us later!
The Bottle Rocket Media team would love to chat with you about your vision for your promotional video. We are here to help tell your story, achieve your goals, and to make the process fun! Connect with us so we can Start Your Project together! Check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn!