If you’re like most business owners, you’ve put a lot of time and effort into creating your marketing videos. You’ve probably spent hours prepping, writing, filming, editing, choosing the perfect music, and making sure they look great. And sadly, even with all that hard work, your videos may not convert as well as you’d like them to. But don’t worry; you’re not alone in this struggle. Let’s dive in and figure out what’s holding those videos back!
Wishpond has found that simply including a video on your landing page can boost conversions by over 86%. We all know that video is essential, but at what cost? If your conversion rates are too low, it might be time to reevaluate your video and fix it or remove it from circulation altogether. Read on to learn why marketing videos don’t convert and how to fix them!
Reasons Why Video Is Not Converting
1. Your marketing video is not converting because it’s too long. People have short attention spans, and if your video is longer than a few minutes, they’re likely to lose interest and click away. To fix this, keep your videos short and to the point. Get your message across in as little time as possible.
2. Your marketing video is not converting because it is too salesy. Your video may need to try harder to sell a product or service and, as a result, come across as pushy or desperate. Consumers are savvy; as you know, they have so much clutter to sift through. A video that is too salesy can turn people off and make them less likely to convert. To fix this, focus on providing value first and foremost. Don’t make your video about selling; provide helpful information to help your viewers and allow them to decide that your service or product is exemplary for them.
3. Your marketing video is not converting because they are boring. Have a friend, family member, or professional colleague watch your videos before you release them. Ask them, is there enough excitement and energy? Because realistically, your viewers will quickly lose interest if there is not. To fix this, add some spice to your videos! Use engaging motion visuals and music, tell exciting stories, whether they be dramatic or intriguing facts, use eye-catching transitions, get your points across in short sound bites, and make sure your overall tone is upbeat and positive.
4. Your marketing video needs to be converted because it needs to address the needs of its target audience. Are you speaking to the specific pain points or problems that your viewers are facing? Are you speaking to them in a way that resonates with them directly? Viewers who need help seeing how the product or service can help them are less likely to convert. To fix this, ensure your marketing video is tailored to your target audience. Address their specific needs and pain points, and ensure your video provides them with a solution!
5. Your marketing videos need to convert because they need to be more memorable. You want your video to stick in people’s minds. Something from the video has to be unforgettable, so even if they’re interested in your product or service at the time of viewing, something about it needs to resonate and permeate to the point that recall occurs when it comes time to make a purchase. To fix this, make sure your video is creative and unique. Use visuals and storytelling to create an emotional connection with your viewers. Say something pivotal. Have incredible talent. Be enlightening or controversial. If you can do that, you’ll be much more likely to convert them into customers!
If you need help getting your marketing videos to convert, don’t worry! You’re not alone. These are common issues that many businesses face. But by following the tips above, you can fix them and start seeing better results from your marketing videos!
From video production services, motion graphics services, or event video production services, we love storytelling, we love video, and we can talk about it all day long. Start your project today and stay inspired to continue your company vision and story.